footwear DIY ?

Seriously,  the foot controller described by Krispen shouldn't be all
that hard to build with existing components.  Perhaps some commercially
available pressure pads, ribbon controllers, etc.  Emmett Chapman made a
really interesting FX controller pad years ago that facilitated cross
fading between FX.
-Qua