Re: live looping

I'm not sure what your question is--I used to have one of those, and as I recall the Hold function and the feedback level were independent, like in most rack mount delays.  What you can do is set the feedback to maximum and build up a loop, then hit Hold.  Whatever's in the loop will stay there.  If you want to add something, turn the Hold off, and the loop will continue to decay at whatever level the feedback control is set to while you add more material.  You can have the feedback at something low, 25% or so to cause the loop to decay/evolve quickly, or keep it pretty close to the max for the Wall of Sound.

Without Hold enabled the loop will eventually fade away since I don't think the feedback could be set to 100%, but you could use an external mixer to manage the actual feedback loop, at the expense of added noise.

TravisH