Re: Tubes in Pre-amps: your expertise and honest opinion.

I tried several of the cheap preamps: I had the Behringer MIC200, ART
Tube MP Studio V3, M-Audio Audio Buddy and the Studio Projects VTB1 in
the same room to compare, and like margaret I thought the ART sounded
very good. I'm not sure what the tube had to do with it, but I think
the subtle combination of gain and compression at the beginning of my
effects chain really suited my guitar playing. If you like the ART you
might like the Studio Projects VTB1 even better, at least I did.