2007 Guitar Rig Reconfig

Greetings, fellow loopists…

I’ve been pondering a revamped setup for some time now, but I am somewhat stuck. So I decided to ask for some opinions and input.

I am currently feeding all my stompboxes, rackmounts, and looping devices into a Fender Reverb Deluxe.

I also have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and I’d like to utilize it to maximize the “surround” capability of some delay and reverb

effects that I can dial in. I’d also like to use a number of volume pedals, and one of them to be the main volume control.

I’m a bit confused as to how to route my cabling to get this configuration to work. I’d also consider using my mixer to post process

my loops via “Send-Return”.

Current setup:

Guitar>(main) vol pedal>multi-effect>compressor>distortion>Vortex>MPX-110>DL4>MPX-110> DL4>Chorus>vol pedal>DD-20>RC-20>vol pedal>amp

My aim, musically is mostly ambient type stuff looped with distorted electric guitar soloing over it, sometimes clean with delay and lots of verb, etc.

So, in a nutshell, here’s my signal chain idea:

  1. I’d like to split the loopers up, so that say the DL4 can go to one amp, and the DD-20/RC-20 can cover the other amp.
  2. I can use my MPX-110 and Vortex to process one signal chain, then Send-Return on my mixer to post process using

an Alesis Nanoverb, or some  such reverb unit (which I intend to purchase soon) for long decays, etc.

Any ideas on how to make this improvement work? And if anyone is using a laptop just to run loops, not live loop with it…where shall I place that in the signal chain? Shall I use my A-B box and just switch it into the chain when I really need it? I sometimes use Soundplant to run prerecorded loops.

Well, I hope I didn’t confuse anyone. I still consider myself a ‘beginner’ when it comes to the electronics part of the looping realm.

Peace, loops and creativity to you all in 2007…

Ed in NJ

http://www.myspace/edward_yuhas

PS If this gets to be too crazy for the Digest, you can email me privately. Thx.