Re: ModFX (Power Supply)

At 3:38 PM -0500 1/5/07, scott@dreamstate.to wrote:
>  > or just get one at RS, or...
>>
>  > http://www.montek.com/cart/catalog/Power-Supply-p-1-c-451.html
>>
>>  Slightly on this subject, can one use a PS with a higher amperage?
>>  like could Joshua use a 9v 1000mA PS?
>>
>  > I've been told that you can, but is it bad? or what?
>
>I've had good luck using higher amp'ed DC warts
>(if you measure them, they're usually "over" anyway)
>but have never tried it with an AC wart - which is what the
>Alesis boxes use.  (Alesis Model A30980C - output 9VAC 830mA)

Found at least one place that sells the one-to-one Alesis replacement
for that Model PS:

        http://www.djplanet.com/i--P3

Also, I've used mine with the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power AC (
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_ac.htm ).  Works great for
replacing AC wall-warts (Lex Vortex, Yamaha Magicstomp, Alesis stuff,
etc.).

        --m.
--
_______