Re: question for a friend - MILES! READ THIS

>> At 7:03 PM -0800 1/8/07, Richard Sales wrote:
>>>
>>> So he wants to play his tuba live and use VST plug ins live - and
>>> HEAR the plug ins live, real time.  I think I've been reading
>>> about 'all of y'all' doing that so if you have an answer you can
>>> reply to Miles in the CC,,, OR I'll copy and forward your
>>> replies.  He is, by the way, one killer tuba (actually
>>> sousaphone) player and a fabulous person.  Plays in my sometimes
>>> band, The Musical Fruit.

The only difference between TDM and VST is that with VST you have to
live with a certain latency of the direct signal input. This may not
be a problem for electric guitarists, because their instrument
doesn't make an acoustic sound and they can then easily adopt to play
with their notes coming out a little later than they're used to.
However, for a tuba player the VST affected sound will have to merge
with the acoustic sound and with some plug-ins this can cause phasing
problems, if the VST is of the "insert effect" type rather than of
the "aux loop effect" type (reverb, delay etc).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)