Re: Anthropomorphism CURSE UPON Damian Stewart!

I feel a little sheepish saying this, but I've been
using my mouth to comb filter tibetan singing bowls and
brass candy dishes for ten years in my shows.

No one else mentioned it so I thought I'd give myself some credit.

It, by the way,  doesn't take a lot of technique to do it.

Gong the bowl with your thumb............put your mouth up as close as
possible
to the surface of the resonating object and then make your mouth go through
all the shapes of the vowels (which, in essence, amounts to a comb
filtering
of the frequencies).
Certain frequencies of bowl will work better than others.

Brass Candy dishes work extremely well with this technique, as do
Stainless
steel salad mixing bowls.
You can also use this technique with really  thin glass mixing bowls.

Some fifteen years ago, I produced a singer songwriter,   Paul Wagner, in
song called
"Full Moon Glow".    In the chorus,   we found a large glass crystal bowl
whose resonant
frequency was very close to the fundamental of the Chorus.
I recorded a track where I merely gonged the bowl and then mouthed the
words
"Full Moon Glow"  in time to the vocals and mixed it in.   It gave the
track
a really eerie effect.

rick walker