Cassette 4-Track... Req!

Hi folks!

Remember 4-track cassette recorders?

I've got to get ahold of a cassette 4-track to remaster some old tapes to
high res data files.  Having looked at the few that seem to be out there I
didn't get the impression that the Tascam or Fostex was really what I
wanted, quality-wise.  I need a 4-track cassette machine with an excellent
tape path, motor etc. - something suitable to work with cassettes, some of
which (however carefully and lovingly stored) are circa 1980.  (I've got
do something while getting my finger back to snap - and it's coming along
well, for those who helped in April)

I never used dbx or dolby to do any of these masters, so that's not an
issue.  I just need something quiet and fine.  Your suggestions are
greatly
appreciated.

Happy New Year a week late...
Stephen Goodman