RE: Cassette 4-Track... Req!

Title: RE: Cassette 4-Track... Req!

one caveat- not all cassette four tracks were created equal. I'm sure you've got the obvious stuff covered- tape speed, permanently-engaged-noise-reduction, separate track outputs, that sort of thing.
BUT
I made a load of recordings on a teac/tascam 244 protastudio that I borrowed.

a few years later, I had very briefly (because it turned out to be a P.o.C.) a little vestax portastudio, & tried to play some of these tapes back.
the even-numbered tracks were out-of-phase with the odd-numbered tracks.

when I replaced the P.o.C with a fostex 160, everything was alright again.

so.... just something to watch out for.

d.