Re: Selling Your Music on Myspace

Too bad about that 15 minute limitation for songs, however.  I guess I won't be selling my Y2K# sets.

K-

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:28 PM
Subject: Selling Your Music on Myspace

All you myspaceers get this? Below.

I just signed up for kicks. They start charing you a $30 a year fee after the first year, but I'll see how it goes until then....may not be a bad idea given the millions of myspace users.

Kris

******************************

Hey MySpace artists,

Music has always been at the heart of the MySpace community. As an artist, you have a place to connect directly with music lovers and build a fan base. Now, through our partnership with SNOCAP, you can sell digital downloads right on your MySpace page. This is something we’ve wanted to bring to you for a long time, and now it’s here!

It’s really simple. Just click the “Create Your MySpace Music Store” link on your Home page to register with SNOCAP (or click here), upload your music, and set your price. Your store will be automatically created on your MySpace profile right underneath the MySpace player, and a new “Manage Music Store” link will appear on your home page which lets you edit your songs or change the price. Once you’ve created your store your fans will be able to purchase your tracks right off your profile and even post your store on their own profiles, and you’ll get paid on a monthly basis. Click The Format
to check it out.

You don’t need to wait to have a CD’s worth of music to sell. Record something tonight and make it available immediately. Or upload a few tracks from the soundboard recording of your last show. A MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore puts the power of distribution in your hands. And best of all, it doesn’t limit any of your choices. You can still stream up to 4 tracks for free from the MySpace player on your page. You keep all the rights to your music. And this isn’t exclusive – you can put a MySpace/SNOCAP MyStore on your MySpace page and paste the store anywhere else on the web you use for promotion; plus you can also sell through an aggregator or any other digital retailer you have access to.

You already use MySpace to market & promote – now you can sell your songs!

Tom

Krispen Hartung / Improvisational & Jazz Guitar
www.krispenhartung.com / www.myspace.com/krispenhartung
Performance Calendar: http://www.musi-cal.com/search?performers=Krispen%20Hartung
info@krispenhartung.com / 1.208.724.5603
Discography - http://www.krispenhartung.com/catalogue.htm