Call for Bent Festival

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Call for proposals: Bent 2007 : The Fourth Annual Circuit Bending
    From: Aaron Drake

Message

1. Call for proposals: Bent 2007 : The Fourth Annual Circuit Bending
    Posted by: "Aaron Drake" aaronmrdrake@yahoo.com aaronmrdrake
    Date: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:00 pm ((PST))

Sorry if this has already been posted but...

The Tank is currently accepting proposals for:
Bent 2007 : The Fourth Annual Circuit Bending Festival
Proposal Deadline: January 26, 2007
Participant Notification: February 5, 2007

The Tank is pleased to announce the fourth annual Bent Festival. In
celebration
of our
fourth year, we will be holding three back-to-back festivals across the
USA.
The schedule for the 2007 festival is as follows:

Bent Los Angeles, April 12  14
Bent Minneapolis, April 19  21
Bent New York City, April 26  28

interested in
opening up the Bent Festival to performers and artists that create their
own
electronics as
well as to those who hack, bend, modify and destroy them. We are currently
seeking
performers and artists to participate at each of the above locations and
are
specifically
looking for submissions in these categories:

Performers: Bands or solo artists who incorporate home built or circuit
bent
instruments
or ideas in their performance. Please email a short description of your
act,
along with a
link to mp3s and photos if you have them (no attachments larger than
1mb!).
Also
let us
know which of the above locations you would like to be considered for. if
you
donšt know
what circuit bending is, please research it a bit before you apply.

Installation Artists: We are looking for artists who can commit to
spending
at
least 15
hours in our space over the course of the festival creating site-specific
pieces
of art that
somehow incorporate circuit bending. Each of the three venues will be quite
different, but
we are looking for artwork for each of them. We will provide space and as
much
materials
and electronic equipment and tools as we are able. Please send a one-page
proposal of
what you would like to do and examples of your past work. Also, please be
able
to commit
to spending time in the space during the festival and be prepared for a
shared
and at
times hectic work environment - no white walls here's.

Artwork: In addition to installation artists we are also interested in
having
artwork up on
the walls that fit into the spirit of the festival from people who might
not
be
able to join us
in person or who canšt commit to working in the space during the festival.
Please submit
digital images or links of your work and a brief description.

Workshop Instructors: Anyone who is able to lead a workshop or give a
presentation!
Topics in previous years have included general circuit bending
workshops for beginners and extremely technical, hands on workshops on a
particular
aspect or niche of the genre. If you feel you have a subject you would
like
lead a
workshop on, please provide us with a one-page description of that
workshop,
as
well as
links or examples of your current and past work in the field.

Bending Recipe Book: This year we are going to be putting together a very
home-grown
book of circuit bending instructions for beginners. The format will be a
large
collection of
instructions submitted by circuit benders from around the world. If you
have
favorite
bend that you would like to share with the world this is your chance! We
will
collect as
many of these as we can collect and bind them into an inexpensive book
that
we
then sell
at the festival. To submit, please provide a step-by-step list of
instructions
(including
photos if you can, and details of what toy and parts are used). We will
credit
you in the
book and send you a free copy.

Stipends for all festival performers, artists, and workshop leaders will be
provided. We
have a limited number of travel grants available as well. Please get in
touch
for more info.

Submit all proposals and questions to contact@bentfestival.org

Thanks,

Mike Rosenthal
Artistic Director
The Tank
http://www.thetanknyc.org
http://www.bentfestival.org

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2