RE: OT: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

>> I have a wonderful Stratocaster, but whenever I briefly touch the
>> pick guard with my right hands pinky (which happens all the time when
>> you play) a small amount of static power is built up and creates an
>> unpleasant audio artifact. This must be a well known issue for all
>> you guitar craft savvy people on this list? How can it be fixed?

Hi,

I am a new kid on the block here, my plan was to lurk for a while, and
then this post about electric guitar noise surfaced.

When recording a friend's guitar, he had a problem wherein his guitar
produced a lot of hum whenever no fingers touched the strings.  When
we put an Ebtech hum-eliminator between his guitar and the mixer (he
was playing directly into the board) the noise went away.

Another possible solution would be to purchase a conductive
wrist-strap -- the kind that is supplied with a coiled lead and an
alligator clip.  You might be able to hook the strap from your body to
a ground point on your guitar (or someone in your rig).  You will
probably want to experiment with the location of the strap so it
doesn't interfere with your playing.

Best wishes to one and all,

-- Kevin