more gibson edp woes

While I've been waiting for my pot to come in to swap the broken one (it's
on the output), I've been playing around with it.  The top is open.  I
start
playing and the record button no longer was resetting my loops when held
down. Then, I decided to reset the parameters and when I turn the unit on
while holding the parameter button down I'm getting a weird screen with no
marquee LoopV but instead something that looks like a t360*^ ....

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Plish