Re: new delay pedal from Eventide

At 08:23 AM 1/19/2007, you wrote:
>Interesting to see Eventide come out with a line (2) of stompboxes.
>TimeFactor appears to have a looper mode.
>
>http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2007/01/namm-eventide-time-factor-superhot.html
>http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/entry.jsp?msgid=1169171234352
>http://www.eventidestompboxes.com/

I talked to one of the developers at the Eventide booth. They plan to ship
it end of March or Early April. MSRP is $499 if I remember right.

This is mainly a delay pedal with a looper built into it. The developer
said for the looper they were aiming for something between the DL-4 and
the
Boomerang. Some specs:

- 12 second stereo looper
- tapped record start/end
- Record into overdub
- loop beginning/ending trim controls
- loop speed control (pitch and length change together with a knob.)
- feedback control. he wasn't too sure of details how this should work and
was asking my advice. This feature is still being developed.
- MIDI control (MIDI in/out jacks are on the side)
- MIDI clock sync (for the delays). It wasn't implemented for the looper
when I talked to them, we will see if it gets added.
- USB port
- jacks for assignable external expression pedal and footswitch.

They are still working on the looper section, so he was asking for advice
about features.

Before you jump on this, be sure to check out the Damage Control
delay/looper pedal also.

kim