Re: stereo looper with midi?

Quoting Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com>:

> The EDP has all those neat features for copying one loop to another
> and switching between them so you can build pieces with distinct
> parts.  As I recall, when the Looperlative was introduced, it
> favored the "build a groove and mute/unmute tracks" looping model.

Travis,

I think it's more in the way that you worded your post, but it sounds from
the
above as if the Looperlative works on the same sort of "one loop with four
tracks" architecture as the Repeater or (I think) the EH 2880.

Obviously, that's not the case.

Each of the 8 stereo loops in the LP-1 is separate and distinct.  Of
course, you
could intentionally set up four of the loops so that they were synced and
do
the muting between the tracks like your example above.  Likewise, you
could do
8 completely separate tracks with different lengths/parts and switch
between
them at different times in a song.  Sort of like the A & B loops of, say,
the
Boomerang, only you've got A, B, C, D, E, F, G, & H loops.  And it goes
without
saying that you can flexibly combine both approaches.

In the initial Sonicstate video from NAMM 2006 (
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2648# ), I believe Steve
Lawson even does A & B loop switching of the type you're talking about
above on
the EDP.

Like I said, I think it was more the way the post was worded, but I
wouldn't
like anybody casually reading this to get the impression that the LP-1 is
nothing more than an expanded Repeater or 2880.  It's much different.

       --m.