Re: OT:Mac: bootcamp

>Veda, Qua wrote:
>>For best performance with music applications running on a new
>>MacBook ,  would it be better to use "bootcamp" to create a dual
>>booting environment, and put music applications in the Mac side and
>>personal/business on the Windows side?

I am doing the exact oposite: text, graphic and net on OSX, music on WinXP

Stefan Tiedje answered:

>Don't worry about performance problems OS X is very god at
>multitasking and you wouldn't run your office suite while performing
>would you?
>
>In the end you can make a smooth shift, by installing bootcamp.
>You'll see, you'll end up using windows less and less...
>
>Stefan

If I run the same Bidule file with rather heavy plugins (30-49% proz)
on the MacMini dual, I get a lot of clicks with OSX and next to none
with XP
the amazing is that the OSX seems to distribute the tasks on both
processors, while XP runs them on only one...
Could this mean that the single proz Mini would run better?
--

          ---> http://www.matthiasgrob.com