Re: OT: The Police on Tour

That pan-sexual runt from Minnesota who played at the super bowl, for
one...

Anyway, this is a huge topic and I'm not a huge authority, but I think
since the Net has exploded that the playing field is remarkably flat
compared to the 80's-early 90's. There are those top-10'ers doing
light-saber battles in the clouds, but after their hit and a year or two
they tumble down as well. The Dixies Chicks aren't my brand of music,
but they aren't teen dreams (all in their 30's, actually), can
verifiably play and write, and have integrity to burn. The Peppers can
play their sweaty asses off and have been doing so for 20-some years.
These were the big winners at the Grammy's, and while that's a fairly
meaningless event, it provides a good barometer of public interest.

Did you know that His Royal Badness is the only non-major-label artist
ever to play at that overblown gladitorial contest?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com