From: john floridis [mailto:jfloridis@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 9:10 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: The Police on Tour

to be fair to tom who first pondered this question, i think he meant
major label acts, top ten, top forty....arena and stadium
fillers.....the ones who end up in people magazine.....not that
that's anything to be aspiring to...

just thought of another one, though she's not known for it, if i'm
not mistaken sheryl crow can play something like a dozen
instruments....not a "player's player", but solid.  shawn colvin,
though she's dropped in popularity, is still putting out good stuff,
and you'll find most acoustic guitarists recognize her
playing....very distinctive and strong player.  nothing fancy, but
you can tell it's her.

jf