sonicbids Re: Looper gigs or festivals in Europe

On Feb 18, 2007, at 7:27 AM, Per Boysen wrote:

> On 18 feb 2007, at 14.44, Sjaak wrote:
>
>> I see a lot of looper-related activities in the US, but there are
>> there any
>> gigs or festivals scheduled in Europe for this year? :)
>

> There's also a lot looping going on at festivals that just focus on
> music, as opposed focusing on a certain used instrument; i.e. "the
> looper".   I just tried an internet search in Google on "2007 music
> festivals in Europa" and it sees a lot is happening on this continent
> as well. When I was using the advanced search function and added the
> word "looping" as a must I seemed to get less festivals but more band
> pages...

On a related note for the professional "in search of gigs/ festivals"
musicians out there.  You might consider a << sonicbids.com >>
membership.  You'll get multiple emails a day listing local performance
ops and at festivals around the world.  Basically what sonicbids does
is store your "electronic press kit" online and then with the click of
a mouse you can send it out (small fee) to where you want (promoters,
venues, festivals etc.).  While not a "professional" (ie; not in it for
the money) I've gotten a few paying gigs using sonicbids and can see
how it could be helpful to the true professional.  Any other "loopers"
on sonicbids?