Re: Considering building an ultimate looper...

Like I say, my intent, if I delve into this, it to produce a product
that has enough hardware to easily add innovative features as people
request them....hence developing this indeed into an 'ultimate looper'.
That's the goal.  Will I accomplish it?  I dunno.  You certainly won't
if you don't aim for that though.

If I had claimed to have already posessed such a thing I can see order
for some of the discussion. :-)  As it is I'm just trying to express
desire to build something that will have the features of increased track
accessibility, smoother control at low volume levels, elaborate yet
intuitive speed/meter control and some other features which I don't want
to discuss at this time like I say because a few surprises at release
time *are* nice for the designer.  But as I said to some also would love
to hear people's wish list of course so as to make this a product which
fulfills all forseen needs if possible.

Hence...the use of 'ultimate looper'...once again.  I really dont' *get*
the rub here.  It's almost like people think I'm insulting the
looperlative by insinuating that it leaves something to be desired or
something.  It's a GREAT sounding product...for probably a large
percentage of the people out there.  Of course if this winds up being
very near the price point then it won't look quite so good I suppose in
comparison.  But that's all to be seen.  So please..at this point just
send me suggestions if you'd like to see this happen.

The unit will likely use AD products btw.  Considering whether it will
be necessary to employ a TigerSHARC or if a SHARC will be adequate
headroom.  As I tried to note, the PIC chip will only do the button and
controller processing, displays, etc.   -Bob