Re: [LOOP] show me yours and i'll show you mine...

somewhat out-of-date photos at: http://synchro1.smugmug.com/gallery/1102947

I have been dabbling in EM since the late 60s, so this was
accumulated over a lifetime.  Back in the late 70s/early 80s, one of
my bands (The Scientific Americans) used to perform live dub music
using multiple Revox R2Rs with loops, Korg Stage Echo with SoS, and a
bunch of those little Univox tape cartridge echo boxes that could
also do SoS.  We were able to get an entire song looping, leave the
stage to get a beer and return without a break in the continuity.  I
used to do solo electronic environments in Western MA in the mid-70s
in places like UMass and the Iron Horse Cafe.  One of my favorites
was two Synthi AKS with v-e-r-y slow sequences and two Revox R2R with
very long loops and variable speed modifications.  The soundscape
started around 7 PM and by 11 was off into a whole new territory with
very minor changes to the patch and effects.

Current setup has the modular quite expanded from these photos.  I am
now using an Alesis Fusion 8HSD as my main controller.  I have an
Electrix Repeater, older Gibson EDP, and most importantly a
Looperlative LP-1 which has become the center of my playing and
interest.  I haven't performed live in over 20 years but the LP-1
just begs for public interaction, so perhaps I'll wander out of my
cave here in San Mateo some time soon.

Side note: thanks for all the sharing on this mail list.  The wealth
of information and music is awesome.