Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal temperment keys?

Hi Margaret,

To me, anyway, and speaking just as a listener, it matters not at all.
There isn't any intrinsic or inherent value to forcing music being in a
set scale or key or imposing any structure at all, really.   The
significant thing is the effect that the music produces in the hearer,
which does not  of neccesity depend on any structure imposed on the music.
 Sonic textures alone can achieve it without any structure at all.  Of
course, the structure may be part of what produces a given emotional
effect, but it's not strictly neccesary.  There's no reason that music
can't be completely amorphous if it achieves what you want.

Regards,
Chris