Hartung's 'Fragments'

Dear Kris,
i want to thank you for the copy of Fragments you've send to me, letting
you know my opinion about it.
The first and most important sensation i get from listening to it is a
'rare' sense of musical freedom.
Here, notes, melodies, sounds and effects are combined in such a complex
and creative way that you may think that this kind of music come from
another planet. Or that it's just the complex spirit of this edge that's
reflected in this work.
I think this is one of the most important peculiarity of your work: an
unusual ability to get control over a rich paintbrush of sounds and
effects
and have all that stuff mixed in a natural way with music (melodies,
chords, improvvisation).
Looping is very 'natural': every new layer is the development of the
tension builded before.
Best track - in my opinion - is
 'Nebula', with its nice minimal melodic theme, 'stellar' sounds in the
background and a crescendo on finale and 'Mork og Iser', with that
floatings chords and that guitar on finale, that reminds me a certain
Metheny's atmosphere.
This is - for me - the best element that work in your music: that you
don't
forgive melodies, amongs sounds and effects.
If i can give you a suggestion, i think that this kind of music require an
active listening to understand and enjoy it: so an extended duration (up
70 min) is not a good thing for a non-fan of this genre. I think that 40
min. is the best duration for a Cd, because, in mostly case, when it's
reach the end, the listener is not tired and remember what he liked has
the pleasure the listen to it in a short time.
But...you're so prolific...that you could release one Cd per month...
...It's just my opinion, so forgive it if you're not agree.
My best

Fabio
http://xoomer.alice.it/eterogeneo
www.myspace.com/eterogeneo