Re: how much do you care about your music being in strict equal temperment keys?

On 27 feb 2007, at 10.35, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> Bass players often don't learn to bend the thick strings, and an ET
> freted bass is always low...

I used a looped contra bass lick once on a computer DAW and thought
it sounded "strange" but not bad. When analyzing it closely I noticed
that one note where a quarter note down. Jeeez... had I played that
"off" on a guitar it would have ruined the music totally.

> I love fretless basses, its much easier to play in tune with them
> (and harder at the same time... ;-)

I like that statement! This one too:

> It might lead to beautiful music, but not because of following the
> rules, I'd say though it follows some rules...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)