From making music (home) - to giving out music (cd-itunes) - and getting gigs

Hi !

If you are an amature ( I am) making music (at home)
and hoping to get the music out to people - and maybe
then be able to play this music at gigs - does anyone
of you have tips on how to do this - if one are not in
the position to get a record-deal. Are there record
-labels that are into the things we (loopers) do ?

Isnt it like this - if one dont get the music out -
there will not be any gigs - and then the music stays
inside my four walls. Are there ways different ways
to;

1. Making cd without a record-deal? What do you guys
do ?
-covers- print - distributing - rights - and so on....

2. Is it possible to have ones music (without
record-deal) on Itunes ?

How are one to get from making music at home to:
getting the music on cd - the getting it out there
(itunes) - how to getting it know - thats it out there
- and then maybe getting gigs ?

Not that I have the music ready - but how are one to
get this "snowball running" ?

Any thoughts ?

Sorry for my poor english.

best regards Rune F.

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notisblokk. http://no.mail.yahoo.com