what looping tool?

i'm about to enter the loops. could you please advise me as to which
looping
tool(s) will work well for me. this is the spec:
i want to perform spoken word poetry accompanied with improvised vocal
loops. for example, i sing a 4 bar bass loop, then i want this to
continuein
time looping seamlessly (assuming i've hit it on time) while i add a vocal
hi hat. once i've got a few loops working i'll perform the poem live over
the top. the effect i want to generate is of a track growing organically
in
real time, so everything drops in from the live recording without any
stops
and starts.
i was looking at a boss RC50 - what d'you think?
md

www.myspace.com/martindawsquintet

Exclusive Ed Byrne daily comedy clips on MSN Video
http://specials.uk.msn.com/edbyrne/