Re: vst [audio >> mid]

> Raul Bonell wrote:
>> does anybody know of a vst plugin able to convert an audio file or
>> direct input to any kinf of midi data?

The ability of converting an audio file into MIDI data is a lot more
common in contemporary music software than converting a real-time
audio stream into MIDI data. I have tried converting files to MIDI
note data plus controllers with Celemony and it worked extremely
well. But since you ask specifically for the VST format, I'm not sure
I can recommend Celomony. Check with their website if they offer it
as VST. It's a quite expensive as well.

I have also used the audio file to MIDI note conversion that is built
into Apple Logic and it works well. Not "extremely" well, as with
Celemony that can also add CC's for vibrato etc) but good enough for
tricks like creating a MIDI sequence out of a lead vocal recording
and patch up some string synth sound to double the vocal melody.

I'm talking only monophonic signals here. Although Celemony boasts
polyphonic conversion in their new plug-in, but I have not had the
time to test that yet.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)