Re: inaccessability of music

Some commentary, partly in jest....

Axiom 1: The number of individuals in an audience will be inversely
proportionate to the experimental and avant-garde nature of the performance

Comment 1: I'd love to show up for a gig where the venue is full, and
proceed to clear the room (audience =0)

Axiom 2: The degree of performance satisfaction and  artistic
gratification
of an experimental/avant-garde artist is directly proportionate to the
number of people who show up for his/her gigs and rave over how original,
creative, and interesting his/her performance was...i.e. how much they
feed
his/her ego.

Comment 2: I'd love to show up for a gig where the audience = 0, and find
at
the end of my performance (since I am so self-absorbed during my
performance) that the venue is packed full of avant-garde and experimental
music enthusiasts.

Comment 3:  We're all screwed and doomed to severe artistic
neurosis....try
taking valium and drinking a glass of wine before you perform. It does
wonders for resolving axiomatic contradictions.

:)

Kris