Re: loop sync semantics

Thanks man ... thats what I was looking for.

Although ... I must say I don't really like the words the EDP uses for it
... they just don't really seem intuitive .... but then, maybe there are
no
intuitive words for it.

>From: andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: loop sync semantics
>Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:35:27 +0000
>

>aaron leese wrote:
>

>>1 - unsynced .....
>

>>2 - full syncronization .....
>

>>3 - partial syncronization ... latching ??? ...... Here the loops are
>also
>>syncronized, but the pedal will start recording immediately once pressed
>>

>In EDP speak.
>
>"Quantise" is when things are fully synchronised.
>"Rounding" is when an action starts immediately but lasts for a whole
>number of cycles.
>
>(in EDP, when you multiply a loop it keeps track of the original loop
>time
>which becomes a "cycle" within the loop)
>
>EDP is full of phrases like "SUS" and "reverse sniplets"
>
>andy butler

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for
FREE.
  http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline