Re: "self resonating" fretleess electric guitar -- ideas?

per I've been playing fretless pretty much exclusively since this past
December and loving it.  I had thought about fairly seriously modding
one of my guitars to the 'village of the unfretted'.  on the unfretted
site someone else has already listed in this thread there is much doc
on the process.  in the end however I decided to purchase a generic
'adamas' style acoustic-electric off ebay which I got for $132 with
shipping.  its been a gem and great experiece thusfar.

I mention this to say though there is an advantage to modding what you
have but for me in the end time against money.

the sustain does become different, for me most noticeable on some of
the tapping that I do.  however what I've found is the fretless
becomes its own animal and not just a guitar without frets.

flatwounds are the way to go as no squeaking and doesn't eat away at the
neck.

a great resource on the frettless world is a guy who really inspired
me in this path named Michael Vick.  http://www.themickevicktrip.com
(may have site wrong right now).

Jim Goodin
http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
http://www.chinapaintingmusic.com

post.. playing slide on the fretless just becomes the best...

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
MySpace (solo) - http://www.myspace.com/jimgoodinmusic

Associates and friends on the web -