Re: "self resonating" fretleess electric guitar -- ideas?

Oh people people!  Please do not file the frets!!

The uneven density between the wood and metal wil prevent you from
ever getting a properly smoothed fingerboard.

I've de-fretted bass guitars and I used a combination of maple
sawdust (fine grit sandpaper was used to generate the dust, and it
should be literally dust), india ink and wood glue. The india ink
makes the resulting filler black.  I would not recommend 'super
glue', it sets up too quickly and is not a structural cement. Wood
glue works perfectly.

After the slots are filled, the fingerboard should be re-radiused
using the proper sanding equipment.

-CZ

http://www.zmix.net