Re: LD would be so much cooler if...

burnett@pobox.com wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, burnett@pobox.com wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Mark Trewella wrote:
>>> It was a forum!  I check quite a few forums on a regular basis.  I
>
> Mark and other forum-format aficionados:
>
> I would suggest that you might consider using the Loopers Delight mail
> list archives Web interface
>
> http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive#browse
>
> and the "browse by thread" view as potentially solving much of the
> issues you express a web forum as better for you than the mailling list
> format. Just an idea, give it a try.

Unfortunately, though, it's not possible to participate without receiving
all those mails:-(

Making a filter for email messages is not difficult, even if you never did
it before.
All you need is a filter that checks if your incoming message is from LD,
and puts it in mail folder called "LD".
Whatever your email software, surely it has menus and stuff that make this
possible.
Probably take less time to check it out than writing an email.

Some email browsers will even show you the mails by Thread in a nice tree
diagram thing.

Then you only have to read the mails you want to.

...and actually, you could auto-delete the LD mails, and just read the
archive.

So, maybe it's possible for Forum fans to enjoy all those Forum advantages
without worrying the rest of us :-)

oh, and something I never realized for years.

Using the Digest version of the doesn't allow correct threading in the
archive.
Avoid if possible.

andy butler