mando loopage

Fun and games with a couple new instruments I've been messing with for
a couple months - some newly recorded mandocello/ octave mandolin/ loop
improvs. (warts and all):

1) Mando Dance - octave mandolin improv. over looped dance like
rythymn. <<
http://web.mac.com/pmimlitsch/iWeb/Site/Music_files/
01%20Mando%20Dance.mp3 >>

2) MC Improv. - mandocello improv. - reaction to .560 sec. delay. <<
http://web.mac.com/pmimlitsch/iWeb/Site/Music_files/
02%20MC%20Improv..mp3 >>

3) Mellow Mando - octave mandolin improv. over mellow three chord vamp.
<<
http://web.mac.com/pmimlitsch/iWeb/Site/Music_files/
03%20Mellow%20Mando.mp3 >>

4) MC East - mandocello improv. over looped interpretation of a tamburo
pattern. <<
http://web.mac.com/pmimlitsch/iWeb/Site/Music_files/04%20MC%20East.mp3

FWIW Technical Matters:

Instrument > Amp:  Send > volume pedal > Bad Monkey > Giga Delay > Loop
Station > Return

Mandocello tuned in 4ths. starting on B below guitar low E.  Double
unison strings.
Octave Mandolin tuned in 5ths. starting on guitar low G.  Double unison
strings
Both instruments fitted with floating archtop guitar style magnetic
pickups mounted to custom made (by me) pickguards.

recorded on a "iKey" off the headphone output of the amp (Traynor)

- Paul << http://web.mac.com/pmimlitsch/ >>