Re: OT: Composition Contest: in search of the lost chords

For those interested, this is my entry to the Glenn Branca "Lost Chord"
contest that was discussed a few weeks ago.

http://www.swanwelder.com/audio/Daryl_Shawn__The_Prodigal_Sound.mp3

It's a solo acoustic guitar, with all notes being plucked behind the
fretting finger or harmonics. Much of is "out of tune" (my idea was to
explore microtonality and unusual clusters on a standard-tuned guitar).
This is my first experiment in microtones and it was rather fun, there's
a chord about a minute in that I really like BECAUSE of its out-of-tunity.

Anyone else take part?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com