Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone

Possibly true, but how presumptuous and narcissistic it is of companies
to plaster every inch of a transit station with their marketing
materials to bombard my eyeballs? When I lived in San Francisco I'd see
advertising campaigns that would, literally, buy the entire station so
that every frame was filled only with their stuff. I certainly never
asked for THAT.  The public is the public, and adding something remotely
artistically worthwhile to the space is as valid as all the other stuff
one must put up with.

My life has been enriched numerous times by the music played by brave
individuals in unendorsed spaces.

I'm still laughing at this: "the most annoying busking instrument
imaginable, large purple tuba.."...not just a tuba...but.....a PURPLE one!

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com