Re: OT "He is" or "I am"

Quoting Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de>:

> how do we present ourselves on the web? I have a question of style: I'm
> currently busy setting up my new website, finally ... (no, it is not
>online
> yet).
>
> - I'm writing this about myself, so why don't I say "I" ?
>
> If I wrote
> "I am" the page would be full of "I've done this, I've done that" and
> somehow that wouldn't feel right either.

Hi Michael,

I enjoy visiting musicians' websites that have interesting content.  I
prefer a low-key experience without lots of flashing graphics, banner
ads, etc.  I want to learn something about the musician and, well... I
want to learn something useful that I can apply to my own musical
efforts, too.

Personally, whether the site is written in third-person or
first-person does not matter to me, though I find to read first-person
a little less formal and more engaging.

Yes, if you and I met in person and you began every sentence with "I"
-- that might get a little old.  However, on your website, it IS about
you. Your visitors expect to read information about you and expect you
to write about yourself.

So, don't fret too much.  Just let your genuine self come through.

Look forward to visiting your website when it is ready.

Sincerely,

Kevin