Re-Name that song - competition

Hi Robmusic fans!

Most of you will be familiar with my slightly unorthodox song titles.

They are actually instrumentals! – and when you’ve been writing instrumental material for nearly 20 years its hard to keep coming up with meaningful, clever, or witty titles (that are not clichéd and corny)  - without the odd rude word slipping in!

Now a lot of you are familiar with my instrumental epic piece Dickhead in a G string – it won a local song writing award in 2004 for the best instrumental.  Judges thought it was a bit too long and could do with a change of title. I stood firm against this and was only willing to shorten the title to ‘Dickhead’.  That’s the anarchist in me!

However, it is starting to get embarrassing (or at the very least awkward) now that I am trying to push my material to a wider audience.  More and more comments like - such a great piece of music, why did you call it that? – are cropping up.

I can’t help thinking that maybe it will go further with a cleaner title.

Anyway – the track is on promo copies of my new album, Terrafirma.

Later this year I hope to get the album professionally  manufactured and mass produced – so there is an opportunity for a name change.

THE CHALLENGE:

Can you come up with a better title??? – have a listen on my mp3 page!

http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=104938

THE PRIZE:

I am offering free CDs for the best title/s!!

If I decide to go with a new title – that will end up on the mastered CD and the winner will get multiple copies (2 or3 ) of the new album plus one copy of each of my previous Cds EARTHROCK and TOUCHED BY THE SUN.

Sound good? Have a go!

Deadline  - end of June 2007.

ENTRIES OPEN TO ANYBODY ON THIS PLANET!  OR OFF IT!!

But then f#ck it I might just keep the title.  I’ll still give a few Cds away for the best suggestions

Cheers

Rob McDade

www.mp3.com.au/robmcdade

www.myspace.com/robmcdade

Rob McDade
Heritage Collection Development Librarian (Non-print)
State Library of South Australia

McDade.Rob@slsa.sa.gov.au
North Terrace,  Adelaide  SA  5000
GPO Box 419, Adelaide   SA  5001
Ph. 61-8-8207 7261
Mob. 0404 541 084
Fax. 61-8-8207 7307

http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au

The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential, and may also be the subject of privilege or public interest immunity. This e-mail and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses and no liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached files is accepted. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or reproduction of this document is unauthorised. If you have received this e-mail in error please telephone +61 8 8207 7261.