30 min festival slots

  I agree it would be wonderful to hear some people for longer.I think
it's
worth treating a festival differently than a concert. It's more like being
at a party and dancing with several different partners,any of who one
might
go to bed wit at some other time. There are large advantages for
performers.Esp the focus it takes to get on ,set up,whip it out, engage
the
listeners,move/impress/challenge/confuse/seduce them,or whatever you're
trying to do,then get off and stow gear. It's great practice for being
good
at performance,being in command of the whole package. Festivals are where
perfromers can really get their professional  performance chops
together.The
collegial atmosphere of seeing many performers adds a sort of creative
ferment that's amazing.Also encourages folks to really express what they
really have in them,when they know so much of the audience is other
palyers.
If you have your mouth all set for a bowl of Cheeios and milk ,smoked
salmon
can taste kind of weird. A Fest isn't  a Concert.

http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3