loopfest schedule planning (was: critique of the 30 minute loopfest)

On this thread, I'd also like to hear from the festival organizers how they
put the schedule together with regard to how specific performers are
grouped.

>From the y2k6loopfest experience, I found that headliners/featured
performers/special guests get the slots in the evening programme, and in
some cases, schedule planning is also based on availablity/travel schedule
of the individual artists, but apart from that:

Do you try to group similar artists together (e.g. all abstract
electronica/acoustic stuff/dance beat/singer-songwriter people in one block
each), or do the exact opposite and have styles change from slot to slot?
What are your goals/experiences here?

        Rainer