Re: portable hand field recorders

Though not exactly palm size, I have been very impressed by the features and sound quality of the Boss BR600. its very slim, light weight and has great sounding stereo mics on board. It uses CFC cards and is a true multi-track recorder, with even a bit of boss modeling effects on board.  Its a little harder to conceal for stealth recording but way more versatile as a remote recording device. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Tricky recorded an entire CD using one of these suckers, sitting on a beach in Maui.

Bill