two short reviews of concerts

ALAN HOLDSWOTH.....i have known of him for a long time but have never
heard his music.....saw his show about 2 weeks ago and was impressed by
his playing.....it seemed that most of his tunes started with some
MIGHTY BIG ABSTARCT CHORDS, i really didn't understand where he was
going with this, i heard very little melody and outside of the
"impossible" stretching of his left hand fingers i was not too moved by
this.....THEN>>>>>improv to the max.....30 sec., 60 sec., eternal
single note runs, very impressive, very dexterous, amazed the
kiddies.....it was moving the first few times, like wow! this cat can
blow but after several similiar tunes i became bored......please let
this be the last tune i kept thinking.....i guess i am no longer
impressed by a gazillion notes a min.....my brain was fed but my
emotions went hungry

THE BEARS.....never heard them before (yes i live in a cave and only
listen to looping music).....i am aware of adrian belew's work with
K.C. and the folks i was with told me that this would be a bit more
"poppy".....shucks i thought, i want the whammy frammmy shammmy crazy
stuff.....IT WAS THERE! in aces.....what a fun bunch of players, i have
never seen more smiles on stage in my life, these guys really seemed to
be enjoying themselves to the max.....i was drawn in like a moth to a
flame.....all 4 players wrote tunes so there was a variety of music and
plenty of it, bang, bang, bang nonstop more notes per dollar
playin.....it was a small venue and after the show the band came and
hung with the audience and THANKED them for coming, how nice!

lastly.....KLOBUCHAR.....spoke with this band and he said "after we
clean and re-wire our studio we will finally use our new digital
recorder and create some bofo music, but now get the f**k out of here I
WANT TO LOOP!".....perhaps he will learn a second chord after he gets
up and running as he has beatin the A- to death.....matt davignon at
y2k6 said something to the effect that KLOBUCHAR was getting old and
grumpy, boy do i agree with him!

i wish i was in boise!.....break many legs everyone xoxo!

http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar10
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
www.ct-collective.com

from AOL at AOL.com.