Re: Nels Cline, guitarist occasionally looping

I've been a huge fan of Cline since the early 90's, I saw him with the
Vinny Golia Quintet and was hooded. Later did a few shows in Oregon
opening for his trio, and have seen him numerous times since, the last was
in a duo show with Wilco drummner Glenn Kotche. I did a review for this
list, I think, check the archives.

Both of the Nels Cline Singers albums are awesome, probably the best
showcase for his stuff, IMHO. His recent album "New Monastary", which is
arrangements of tunes by pianost Andrew Hill for an octet is very cool as
well, more on the avant-jazz end of things. I'm not really a Wilco fan,
but I appreciate what he brings to the band. Cline is one of the greats!