Re: AW: Foot timing, syncing loops with Ableton

At 6:58 PM +0200 5/5/07, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:

>Live with its lacking "first loop capability" (you need to set a tempo in
>advance) and the non-existent overdub function needs a dedicated looper - in
>my case it's Mobius. Depending on the actual piece/work, I sync Live to
>Mobius or vice versa. Normally, I never record audio clips in Live, only
>MIDI stuff (and here, I also can overdub and replace as I choose), and do
>all audio looping stuff in Mobius.

I too used Live before. At the 2004 loop festival in Zürich I brought my EDP to pipe in/out on an Ableton Live track - only to get that first loop capability which is so musically important. And I never recorded clips in Live. Since I could afford PC laptop for Momobius I have almost not touched Live (except for teaching purposes).