Re: Oregon Loopfest

Hi all all you Oregonizers,

I think, given that few or none of us are actual professional promoters,
whoever (individually) or whatever group of us manages to try to put on
such a thing as an Oregon Loopfest -- it ought to be put on in whatever
LOCAL area the main organizer resides in.

That's the one thing that has always held me up. I don't know enough
people or have enough connections around other places in Oregon (outside
the Rogue Valley)  to be the primary organizer of an event outside the
place I live. And lets face it, hardly anyone would come to an Oregon
Loopfest if held in Medford.

Personally, I could more easily organize (at long distance) a music fest
in Southern California (where I used to live, and still play on occassion)
because of all the connections I still have down there. But since most of
the folks down there already do things like that, why bother.

Which one of us lives in a sizeable metropolitan city, or actually NEAR
any of those cool places mentioned, and would be willing to tackle the
project themselves? That's basically the problem.

--
tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???