Re: OregonLoops

Hey all,

Sorry to have been so silent on this subject, I just got back from a 10
days
of gigs in Montana, Idaho and Washington. I have a some experience
organizing alternative music festivals, and have a lot of contacts around
the state from having played music of varying degrees of experimentalism
around Oregon for more than 2 decades. My only hesitation about getting
involved in such a festival is that we are just starting our major
touring/gigging season and I will be on the road for much of the spring
and
summer, and don't practically see a way to be the point person for a
Looping
festival unless it was to happen in Oct./Nov. 2007 or later. I know how
much
work Rick must put into the y2k festivals, and there's just no way I could
do that right now. I would however do whatever I could to help such a
person
with contacts, ideas, brainstorming, experiences, whatever, because I'd
love
to see suvh a festival happen.

I live in Corvallis, and am pretty active in the Eugene scene, there are a
few venues in Eugene that may be appropriate for this type of show. There
might be some in Portland as well. It might be a good idea to organize a
private mailing list to brainstorm on the scope and scale of what we'd
like
this festival to be, and then start investigating when and where it should
happen.

BTW, speaking of Ashland, there's a fairly hip club there called Mobius,
seems like the perfect place for a loopfest, eh? Seriously, we haven't
played there yet, but will probably some time in the next few months, but
they have a rep for doing interesting electronica/live band stuff.