Re: microphone

Over the past 4 years running sound for a small concert series, I've
been using the sm57s less and less and using the electovoice n/d 408.
I've found it to be very good on acoustic instruments, and waaaaay
better on my hammered dulcimer. The sm 57 tended to accentuate
certain harmonics on the dulcimer that made eq-ing it almost
impossible. There's an article in Fingerpick about amplifying
acoustic guitars and they prefer the electrovoice and a fair number
of engineers I know like them real well. Check out
http://www.fingerpick.com/pickups.htm the microphone reviews are near
the bottom of the page

my 2 cents worth

Paul Haslem