Re: mandolin from mars

2007/5/13, Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net>:
> Yes, everything but one song (Cthulhu On Mars, which is using a Boss VF1
>for
> delay/pitch in addition to the laptop)) is laptop based.  I use a Lenovo
> (IBM) ThinkPad T60p (Intel Duo) with the Inigo IO cardslot soundcard. I
>use
> an LR Baggs acoustic preamp on some of the songs too, to condition the
>level
> of the mandolin, EQ, etc.  Inside the notebook, I'm using Chainer as a
>VST
> host, with several VST effects (Reaktor, Hipno, PSP42/84, etc...and some
>of
> my own MAX/MSP patches converted to VST).  And I'm using Mobius to loop,
> controlled by the Behringer FCB controller.

Very large set up but all inside the PC, so, small.
I have to spend 20 min. unpacking & connecting cables between toys,
to have all ready: GT-3, fcb-1010, Plex, Mixer, Kaoss, AirFX, audio
cables & MIDIs along the complete set up ... arggh...

>This CD was heavy with Reaktor. It's practicaly
> an advertisement for the program!  :)

Yes ;-)
since it made me visit the native inst. pages to check some demo out...
Also renewed my interest in the music of indian u.shrinivas.
Long time since I'd not listened to his CDs ...

thnks for the gift,
Raul.

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo