Re: repeater news

At 12:37 PM -0700 5/17/07, Zoe Keating wrote:
>The feature list on their site looks the same as the beta list
>(along with one thing I really wanted, visual indentification of
>muted tracks, yay!).

I thought the list sounded awful familiar, considering your earlier
report on the lost beta.  If it does indeed incorporate the features
you spoke about previously, it's worth the money IMNSHO (especially
considering how vitriolic I've been over on the Repeater list
regarding why they wouldn't release that upgrade to bugfix).

>I know others clamoured for it, but I wasn't keen on direct overdub
>(i.e. record a loop, close a loop, RPTR goes directly into overdub),
>and I don't like that feature in the LP1 either, so I hope there
>will be a way to turn it off.

Well, at least on the LP-1 you can program around that pretty easily.
Also, I just noticed section 2.1.8 in the Repeater 2.x addendum that
(I think) addresses your concern.  I think the new software defaults
to Rec --> Odub mode, so you have to go in and set it to "Repeater
1.0" mode manually.  However, I think you can definitely keep the
original mode.

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of