clip posted

Hi friends,

I decided to post a clip from today's having fun with my new two
laptop looping rig. Someone asked the other day on the Mobius list
why I want to use specifically a Mac as the MIDI sound engine for my
EWI when looping in Mobius on a second PC lappy. I think this
recording is a good sounding example of what I mean by playing
softsynths out of Logic's palette, which is OS X only. I use the
global micro tonal scale setting, which means every note that I
release from embourchure intonation falls back into my all time fav
scale: "Chinese Lu scale by Haui Nan Zi, Han era. (P. Amiot 1780,
Kurt Reinhart)". Everything but the guitar is played on the ES2
softsynth. The guitar is my Stratocaster, originally sampled at every
fret when played through my Sovtek MIG60 tube top and 1x12" Marshall
Lead series cab. But here I play those samples with the EWI from the
sampler inside Logic. This sample patch is fine tuned according to
western tempered tuning, so the Lu scale comes out fairly well also
on the "Strat By EWI". Oh, there's also a guitar amp simulator in
Logic that I like very much. I have tried to get this sound from NI
GuitarRig2, Guitar Combos and AmpliTube2 but still prefer the one
inside Logic.

http://www.looproom.com/audio/mistwood.mp3

per