Input/Feedback LED's level question Last time I try to get help with this. Please help!

Before I send my echoplex in to British Audio to be checked out I want to ask this question one more time. Ever since I upgraded to the Loop IV software the input/feedback led's do not seem to work the same.    If I set the input level using the input led as my guide (ie get a good solid green input signal), the feedback led will read orange with the recording of the very first loop.  This happens with all input signals drums, bass, guitar, and keyboards (not just high frequency which I remember causing a little problem like this but not to this extreme.)  I have to turn the input led level down to a level that barely lights it green to get a  level on the feedback led that will allow me to overdub without imediately running out of headroom in the loop.